Saturday 18 April 2015

Spring Skincare and Makeup

Hey guys! So procrastination has got to a whole new level and I thought the amazing sun was a perfect opportunity to do my first spring post! My first post is going to be on my spring skincare and makeup, enjoy :)

I am going to start with my skincare products that I use in the morning and evening


I have always had really sensitive skin and the Body Shop Aloe range has been an absolute life saver! I use the day cream, face wash and cleanser everyday and (without sounding aragont) it keeps my skin in tip top condition! I generally only use the exfoliator when I can feel my skin getting worse but I would definitely recommend using it weekly. A few weeks ago I was going away with a friend and I wanted face masks which never go well with my skin BUT my mum managed to find a pot of 'protective restoring mask' from the same range, parfait!

Now from something I've used for years to a new discovery...

Stila is a makeup brand I had never used before until my Mum bought me 'the natural' pallet a few weeks ago. I don't really like wearing foundation or powder in spring/summer because it feels too heavy so at the moment after concealer I just use the soft clay bronzer and all over shimmer from this set. It adds a bit of colour without my face feeling weighed down all day.

I don't really wear much make up through summer so I am just going to end with my favourite part- lipstick! 


These are my top 4 picks for this spring! (left to right)
  • Bobbi Brown, Pink blossom- I wear this colour for going out or I mix it with lip salve for college, it is a really versatile colour and is also really moisturising so doesn't dry my lips out
  • Maybelline, electric orange- This has been such a fun and bright colour, I can't wait to wear it in summer with colourful beach dresses!
  • Rimmel London, 30- This is currently my main party lipstick, it is such a bold colour and I think looks really sophisticated
  • MAC, Violetta- This is actually one that I don't have but am going to buy as soon as I have more money! My friend got it at the start of the holiday and as soon as she put it on I fell in love with it <3 It is so young and happy and summery
Thanks for reading and I hope you've found it interesting :) PLEASE leave any tips or your fave products because I am always interested in new make up! 

Have a great day x x x









No comments:

Post a Comment