Wednesday 3 February 2016

Life Update (I joined the gym!)

So here I am 5 months into Music College and living on my own in the big city. I really do feel like I've learnt a lot about life and also about myself. I've had some very stressful and difficult times but I've also had the most amazing experiences and met some wonderful people. Anyone who's struggling with school or college, I promise you it gets better!

I would never have called myself 'healthy' or said I was overly happy with my body, thanks to a lack of time, asthma limiting my exercise and a taste for unhealthy food. I've sometimes gone through a motivated week where I eat well and actually do exercise but this never lasts... until now! At the beginning of January I got a gym membership. I did think I probably wouldn't use it enough and I'd end up cancelling it but since then I've been going swimming about 5 mornings a week and going to the gym twice a week. On top of this I've been doing a home work out (inspired by Niomi Smart) daily and eating healthily. When I have a long day I make sure I cook a proper meal the night before to take with me rather than buying unhealthy snacks on the go. I also bought a nutribullet which supplies me with a healthy and nutritious smoothie for breakfast every morning- yum!

I can honestly say that getting up early, doing more exercise and eating much better has really made a difference to my life! I feel so much awake throughout the day and just generally more positive. Definitely a good change in my life but still a long way to go!

This year I also want to get more into blogging. Whether or not people read it, I find it therapeutic and thought provoking. Recording the positive and exciting things in my life really does make me appreciate them more and definitely inspires me to take more photos to record my adventures. I am going travelling around Croatia in summer with my boyfriend and for these reasons, we are going to set up a blog for our trip so keep your eyes peeled in August!

This was a spontaneous late night post so sorry for the lack of photos. I will start trying to do much more regular posts maybe on a weekly basis... hopefully!

Have a great week
Much love x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment