Tuesday 16 February 2016

I'm Doing a Week Detox!

I told myself that I was going to try and post every Monday but of course I failed on week 2! It's Tom's half term and my reading week so I've had him up in London over the weekend and until this afternoon which is why I haven't got round to writing anything.

I've come home for a few days for my week off to relax and hopefully get lots of practise done. I don't have a gym or pool membership down here and don't really have anywhere local so I'm hoping to get in a good morning and evening home workout. It's only me and mum at home this week so I'm hoping we'll also eat quite healthily because my diet last week with Tom (as always) was not the best. I really need to get him into healthy food but it will take a lot of work!

My plan is to use this week almost as a detox because I feel like a lot of the progress I had made in my body and mindset, I lost over the last few days of not exercising and not eating well. I want to try and eat really clean and start of each day with a good workout and make sure I end each day with a more yoga/stretching based workout and some relaxing meditation so I can really get in a good head space and start next week on a blank canvas. I have just downloaded the Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Workout guide. I tried one of the week 3 workouts at the gym with one of my dancer flat mates who has been working through it and I honestly haven't sweat so much in my life! It was such a good workout that I can do with the weights at the gym or in a busy week, can get away with doing at my flat. It's a 12 week program with an extra 4 weeks pre-training. I was working it out with my calendar and if I start the pre-training next week and take a few weeks off while I'm home over easter (because I won't have gym access and won't be able to do workouts as regularly) then the program will finish the week I break up for summer- perfect!

My plan for next week is for 3 days to get up at 7 and go to the gym to do one of her set workouts and then a short swim and for the other 2 days to get up at 7.30 to just do a longer swim. I will continue to give myself lie ins at the weekend and stick to just doing a more relaxed home workout and stretching.

I am going to try and do a cumulative post over the next 4 days or so at home to show you what I eat and the workouts I do as well as to keep me accountable and more motivated. This will hopefully go up at the weekend so keep your eyes peeled!

Wish me luck! x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment