Tuesday 22 March 2016

Day of Hiking

Where is my life going??! It's 3 days until the Easter holiday and then I'll have 1 (very short) term before I've finished my first year at music college. Crazy!

Anyway... today I went on a hike with my friend Aaron. We both come from Winchester and used to do a lot of walks around there together but obviously it's been a lot harder now we're in London. Today we both finished college at midday so we decided to get the train out of London and try a new walk. I have really been missing the countryside recently!

We got the train to Box Hill and did the Box Hill circular in the North Downs. The website warned it was 'strenuous' and it was not lying! It's about an 11 mile walk and we've done longer so we thought we'd be fine but it was ridiculously hilly. We would go up a long steep hill then wind back down it and then back up again and wow do my legs hurt! But hey, Monday is leg day after all! I used runtastic to track our walk and I did 28,000 steps, burned 970 calories and walked for about 5 hours- not a bad day of exercise.

It was such a pretty walk and the views were incredible (the photos really don't do it justice!) It was getting dark by the time we got to the final view point so didn't properly get to see what I can imagine is a really beautiful view. We are definitely going to do it again maybe with more people and go earlier in the morning so we can take it slower, stop at a pub for lunch and reach the final viewpoint in full daylight.

It's been such a long time since I posted (again) where I've been so busy and not really had anything interesting to post about but I am on holiday for the next 3 weeks so more will be coming I am sure! I am off to Morocco at the weekend which I am super excited about. I will do a blog post when I am back with lots of photos and I am sure some great adventures but be sure to keep up to date with my instagram (@schmegg_) where I will be posting lots of photos throughout the trip.

I hope everyone has a fab week x x x





No comments:

Post a Comment