Tuesday 8 March 2016

Bircher Muesli

It's already the third month of the year- where has the time gone?! It feels like I've blinked and am suddenly nearly at the end of my first year at uni! Crazy! Anyway... onto something relevant. I'm going to share with you one of my favourite breakfast recipes. Almost all the preparation is done the night before so it is great when you're in a rush and it is super delicious and healthy.

The night before:

  1. Make up oat mix. I like to make a big batch of this and keep it in a jar but you can just mix it together as you need it. For a large jar I use about 400g oats, 5 tablespoons chia seeds, 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, chopped dates and dried cranberries.
  2. Put the amount you want into a bowl or small jar (I do about 3 heaped tablespoons) and grate in half an apple.
  3. Cover in coconut milk (or normal/almond milk is fine) and mix.
Leave in the fridge overnight 

In the morning:
  1. Top with fresh fruit. Berries are great! 
  2. I also serve with a dollop of coconut milk yogurt. 





Of course you can mix this up as much as you like! I have tried loads of different bircher muesli recipes and use my favourite bits from each. I don't like the taste of cows milk and I love the extra flavour that coconut milk gives. Try using different seeds and dried fruit and try out different toppings.

I really hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know what you put in yours! 
Lots of love x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment